Was This The Greatest Olympic Opening Ceremony

Sunday, August 10, 2008

What a name at the Olympics

Prapawadee Jaroenrattanatarakoon changed her name...It was much shorter?

BEIJING (AP)—Thai weightlifter Prapawadee Jaroenrattanatarakoon went to a fortune teler las year and gave her credit for Olympic Gold.

Jaroenrattanatarakoon, who changed her name last year, won the women’s 53-kilogram category with a total of 221 kilograms (486.2 pounds) and set an Olympic record in the clean and jerk. Wow, that is hard on the back.

The Thai lifter, who used to be known as Junpim Kuntatean, said a fortune teller told her to change her name last year to improve her luck, and it seems to have worked.

“I changed the name because I wanted to win the Olympic Games,” Jaroenrattanatarakoon said. “I don’t know if you believe in fortune tellers but she said that if I change my name I will win gold.”

What I'd like to know is what does the name mean? Because we think a name change could do us good too?

Stay Tuned For updates and the Olympic Medal Count HERE!

No comments: